In 2008 many young families of Kerr County expressed the desire for an independent Christ-centered private school. The Lord placed it upon the hearts of a group of teachers and parents to help meet that need. Covenant Academy was formed as an inter-denominational Christ-centered private school, serving children from the entire Kerr County region. During the inaugural 2009-2010 school year classes were held at First Christian Church in Kerrville. When the school outgrew the classroom space in its first year, Covenant relocated to Hill Country Camp for the 2010-2011 year. Beginning with the 2011-2012 school year, Covenant moved to its long-term home in the education building of Holy Cross Lutheran Church at 210 Spence Street in Kerrville. “And these words which I am commanding you this day shall be first in your own minds and hearts; then you shall sharpen them so as to make them penetrate, and teach and impress them diligently upon the minds and hearts of your children, and you shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down and when you rise up.” Deuteronomy 6:6-8
Mission & Core Values
The mission of Covenant Academy is to inspire and equip authentic leaders for Christ. The core values of Covenant Academy are:
- Covenant Academy will infuse a biblical worldview into students and families in every aspect of their school experience.
- Covenant Academy will support families as they fulfill the biblical mandate for Christian education of children.
- Covenant Academy will encourage staff, students, and families to be actively involved in and committed to a Bible-believing local church body.
- Covenant Academy will hire and retain professionally equipped Christian role models who pursue life-long learning.
- Covenant Academy will provide a challenging, Christ-centered and biblically based curriculum.
- Covenant Academy will encourage and provide ministry opportunities to the local community and beyond.
- Covenant Academy will exercise biblically based stewardship of all resources.